Wednesday, July 9, 2014



S'No Worries S'Mores Pizza with Raspberries

I am quite sure I have mentioned previously that when things weigh heavily on me, I go to the kitchen.  I cut or pinch fresh herbs from my potted herb garden, I chop onions aggressively (and yes, I have all of my fingers) and I eat.  My go-to ingredient, which, I have also argued previously and forever shall, and which gives me comfort, is chocolate.  I had an incredible craving for something out of the ordinary and something that would neither break the bank nor take a ton of time nor be too difficult.  Something chocolatey and flavorful and fun.  This is what I came up with.  The title tells you that once you have a slice of this pizza, you have no more worries!  Without further ado, let's get to it!

There are only six ingredients for this decadent and versatile pizza.  Here's our starting line-up: 
1 ball fresh pizza dough
1 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
2 individual packages of granola bars (4) (or you can use the more traditional graham crackers, but I will explain why I used granola bars later)
 1.5 cups mini marshmallows
2/3 cup fresh rinsed raspberries
2 tabs butter, melted
 
flour for dusting
non-stick spray

 

 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  

In a blender or food processor, or food chopper, or even in a zip lock bag with the air fully smushed out of it (yes, smushed) and pounded with a rolling pin or small skillet, grind up the four granola bars into a loose granulated consistency.  Meanwhile, melt the two tabs of butter and take out a brush to use momentarily. 

As shown above, dust a large wooden cutting board or your pastry marble or marble counter top, knead and roll out your pizza dough with a flour dusted rolling pin.  Try to for a disc, but rustic is okay. 

Spray a cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.  If you are not using a cast iron skillet, add a little flour to your pizza stone or baking sheet and lay the rolled-out dough onto that.  Crimp the perimeter so as to keep the chocolate and the marshmallows on the pizza.  Brush the entire top disc, crimped perimeter, included, with the melted butter.  Using a spoon or your hands (it is much more fun with your clean hands) sprinkle a thin layer of the granulated granola bars over the pizza dough. Add the cup of chocolate chips (and not the "one for you, two for me" method) to over the granola layer.  Repeat with the marshmallows.  

This last ingredient was a last minute decision, but I was inspired by a new friend who made a dish called a Clafoutis.  Therefore, I added raspberries to my pizza.  I love raspberries with chocolate, which is the only reason for my use of raspberries over any other berry.  Trust me, however, the tang of the raspberries with the lusciousness of the chocolate, and the sweet, honey flavor of the melted sugars of the granola bar (the reason I used those over graham crackers) all work together to create a wonderful, decadent chase-your-worries-away dessert.  It is quite rich, and a small piece will satisfy your craving quickly.  Then you have a whole new set of frustration to deal with.  Wanting more but unable to eat that much!




Okay, you caught me, this second photo was just for fun!

Bake for twenty minutes and remove from the oven.  The cast iron skillet will remain consistently heated (the reason I love cooking with them) and will continue to cook the softer part of the pizza dough for several minutes more.  The marshmallows should be a wonderful golden brown.  Your nose will tell you when you are getting near that twenty minute mark, I assure you. Allow the pizza to cool for ten minutes, at least, before serving. 

  
  My friend, Miss Maria, said it would be awesome to serve it with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.  Sadly, although I love just about Everything milk and dairy related, I do not like whipped cream.  If you like it, go for it!  My  mom would serve it with vanilla ice cream on top and allow it to soften before devouring.  Whatever you happy toppings are, enjoy.  This one is so simple, thirty to forty minutes TOPS, in prep and cooking time, is all you need.  Enjoy, Thank You for your time and consideration.  
Now, GO COOK SOMETHING OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE!!!


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...