Wednesday, July 8, 2015





No-Bake Tomato, Cucumber, Scallion and Parmesan Bruschetta

I could not find this tidbit recipe in any of my other recipes, though it might be there somewhere, archived, but I love this and want to share it with you.  Easy, flavorful and fast.  This appetizer takes only minutes to prepare and serve. There are only a few key ingredients to use, though you can use whatever veg you want to!  Avocado, artichoke hearts, whatever you like!

My Basic Ingredients 
1 baguette, sliced 
1 rounded cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
3 scallion greens, chopped at an angle
1 mostly peeled cucumber, chopped into small cubes
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed and placed into the olive oil in a small bowl
1/2 cup shaved parmigiano-reggiano*

As mentioned above, crush a clove of garlic and place it into a bowl with the evoo.  You want the garlic flavor to infuse the evoo.  

Prep the baguette and the vegetables. 

Shave the parmesan, unless you bought shaved parmesan from the store*.  

Brush evoo onto each baguette bread slice.  I would make four slices per guest.  I would have twenty-four slices ready for six guests, or twenty-eight, so you can partake, too!  

Top each baguette slice with an even distribution of the veg.  

Scatter scallion greens and shaved parm atop the bruschetta slices and serve!  
Yes, People!  It is THAT simple and fast!  

 
 I would drizzle a little aged balsamic vinegar atop the bruschetta, too.  

This is so easy and delicious!  I hope you will now go cook something for someone you love!  Shoo!  Go do it!  

Thank You for your time and consideration!


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...