Thursday, July 21, 2016




Simple Summer Sangria

It has been heating up here, in sunny California, and after long days at work, I felt it was time for a cool down with a fun pitcher of homemade sangria. Here is what I did; a little different from the norm, but I love these flavor combinations. The great thing about sangria is that you can have whatever flavor combinations you like. 

This is what I put together:

1  ruby grapefruit, peeled with a knife and sliced into discs

1 peach, cut around the pit and sliced

1 lemon, ends removed, sliced into discs

1/3 cup red seedless grapes, halved

1 tablespoon agave nectar

1 1/2 cups pink lemonade

1 cup spritzer water

1 bottle Rose sparkling wine

4 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade

Mix together thoroughly.  It is best to allow the flavors to marry a couple of hours - or longer - in the refrigerator prior to serving. 


Ready to serve?  Chill a glass in the freezer and gently pour.  Then, simply enjoy. 


I hope you enjoy this simple summer sangria!  

Please remember, drink responsibly!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...