Friday, October 12, 2018

Chicken in Foil Packets





Chicken in Foil Packets

It's been a busy day, you and the kids are hungry, there is chicken thawed in the frig, but you still have more to do before you can even get to dinner!!!!!  

STOP!!!!

We've got this!  Got foil?  Got chicken?  Got a little cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil?  Have some spices or a spice packet?  Yes? Then we're good to go!  

I have a couple of chicken in foil recipes to share with you, but the reality is, you can do this with any cut of meat or vegetables or both!  Steak, chicken, pork, fish.....the possibilities are endless.  I have done this with steak and potatoes, which is a previous blog post.  I was tired, it was getting late and I did not feel like working over the hot stove. In my original recipe, I cubed a ribeye steak and tossed it in a bowl with baby potatoes and fresh herbs and garlic and spices.  I oven roasted it for thirty minutes at 350-degrees in a foil packet and it turned out perfect!  Now, let's see some chicken recipes!


Martin's Mexican Chicken in Foil

Ingredients:
4 large or 6 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo
1 tablespoon Mexican spice blend*
Fresh or dried thyme and oregano
Fresh cilantro (or dried)
Cooking spray or evoo

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.

Slice the chicken into slivers or cubes. 

Pull one two-foot long piece of foil and one foot long piece of foil. Lay the longer foil lengthwise (east west) in front of you and the other piece cross over away from you (north south). Spray cooking spray or lightly drizzle a little evoo over the center square.  Add half the onion to the square and place the chicken atop the onion. Add seasoning to the top of the chicken, turn it and season the other side. Add the other half of the onions and the herbs and fold the shorter north and south side inward and the longer east-west foil over. Twist and fold as needed.  Place into an oven-safe skillet or onto a baking pan and place into the oven. Roast for 35-40 minutes at 350-degrees. 

I was Going to serve this to myself as tacos but alas, I had used up all the tortillas so I made Spanish Rice and served it atop that. Delicious meal!  


This could be served as tacos, burritos, over rice, or any number of ways. The flavors are delectable!!!


Ready to travel to Pakistan?



Martin's Tikka Masala Chicken Thighs in Foil

Ingredients:

4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tablespoons Tikka Masala seasoning*
1 teaspoon coriander seed
Cooking spray or evoo
Foil
Basamati rice

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and make the rice. 

Rip off one layer of foil about two feet long, lay it east and west.  Tear off another about a foot long and lay it cross-wise north and south.  Spray the center with cooking spray or lightly drizzle with evoo.  Add a teaspoon of the Tikka Masala seasoning* (You can find it at most grocery stores, but I buy mine from a local Pakistani store in my town; such great spices and blends! They have a package of seeds and leaves for you to grind yourself and make your own blends, which inspired me to make my own blends a few years ago).  Now, place the chicken in the center and add the seasoning atop the chicken, including whole coriander seeds. Fold the north-south flap over and then the other side, crimp as needed and place the packet onto a baking pan and roast at 350-degrees for 35-40 minutes.  

Serve atop or with the rice.  Whatever you feel like serving with it is fantastic and whatever you like. Rice is commonly served with it, along with Naan. 


Not sure if this video works, but I had just pulled the packet from the oven and it was still bubbling.  The spices cooking filled my apartment with the most amazing aromas, I tell ya! 


I know, not a glamorous blog post, but it has its reason for being written and posted.  Convenience and simplicity!  Remember, you can do this with any protein and/or vegetables, which can go in together!  

As always, Thank You, gentle readers for your visit and your consideration.  I hope you make this and drop me a line telling me how you like it!  

Remember, you can follow my blog on Facebook:  Look up In-House Cook.  You can also follow my cooking adventures on Twitter:  crdn9.  I'd be very happy to see you! 

Now, Go Cook For Someone You Love!  

~Martin
In-House Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...