Sunday, September 1, 2019

Baked Chicken Tacos





Baked Chicken Tacos

Ever have one of those nights where you want to eat something super delicious but do not want to put on a network tv show production to achieve it? Me neither, not last night, anyway.  I think I have solved the problem.  Want to learn about it?  Well, here we go.....

Ingredients
10 - 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs *
two packets Taco Seasoning*
1/2 12-ounce jar of Chipotle Salsa
non-stick cooking spray
grated cheese
fresh cilantro
street taco tortillas 

First off, let me address the two marked ingredients.  I was cooking for my son and myself, both big eaters, as well as to have leftovers for another day. Six thighs will feed two to four easily.  Next, I used my own Mexican Spice Blend which I have posted in many blogs, but using spice packets is super easy, too, and, they are not expensive.  I will make it a separate, single post some time. 

Back to business......

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.

Line a large baking or roasting pan with foil. Spray the foil with the non-stick cooking spray.  Place the chicken, outer thigh meat down first, and generously sprinkle the meat with Taco Seasoning or your own Mexican Spice Blend (or mine! 😀).  Turn the thighs over and repeat.  Be generous!  Use it all up!  Next, drizzle the chipotle salsa over the thighs. Don't be stingy!  Give them a good coating!


This is the chicken finished in the pan, but I wanted to show you what I mean about being generous with the spices and salsa.  You want this crust to form, which is pure, insane, aromatic deliciousness. 

Bakem, uncovered, for one hour fifteen minutes.  Low and slow is best for chicken thighs and it frees you up to relax or get in more chores on a busy weekend.  Very little fuss for you. 

Finally.....

When the chicken is done, let it rest about five minutes. Remove a few thighs and coarsely chop or slice them up.  Serve with your favorite street taco tortillas (my faves are flour, but I do like the corn, as well, so don't @ me! 😂).  



Delicioso!

Now for the hard part.  Simply assemble the tacos the way you want to!  I like to add white cheese to the tortilla, top it with chicken, add fresh cilantro and hot sauce.  BaBayuuum!  Done!  Time to eat!




Simple, time-negotiable (meaing you could crank up the heat and finish the chicken earlier, but why mess with perfection?), and wickedly delicious. Add whatever condiments you like! Fresh cabbage, radishes, lime juice....make it your own! 

As always, Muchas Gracias, Thank You your visit!

Now, Go Cook Something For Someone You Love!


~Martin
In-House Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...