Sunday, September 1, 2019

Hearty Folded Coppa on French Bread Bruchetta





Hearty Folded Coppa on French Bread Bruschetta

I felt the need for a snack, a hearty snack, but one not too overly bad for my son and I yesterday afternoon.  I had just purchased sourdough and french bread, both large baguette-type loaves and decided to use the french bread. The one thing that does not really make this a true bruschetta is the I did not bake or broil the bread.  I wanted it to be soft, so I guess it is more of an hors d'oeuvre than a bruschetta. Who cares though, it's good and so simple you'll be done before you know it. 

Here's what you need:
baguette or loaf
fresh basil leaves
your favorite sliced deli salami
herb spreadable goat cheese
salt for finish
aged balsamic to drizzle
lemon olive oil or zest


Slice the bread of your choice, toast it or not. I did not.  Place a good rounded teaspoon dollop of the goat cheese on the bread and slightly spread it. Fold and add the thinly sliced deli salami to the bread over the cheese.  I make a big deal of saying "folded" because the meat I bought from the deli was twice the size of the bread.  I did not want it to hang over so I folded it, and it looked pretty elegant. Next, add the fresh washed basil leaf to each piece of bread, and drizzle with aged balsamic, which is much thicker than the usual balsamic vinegar. I sprinkled very lightly with finishing salt and dry Italian seasoning. 

You could add small thinly sliced tomatoes and shaved parmigiano, if you wish.  The possibilities are endless! 



Now for the fun part!  The Eating!  

This would be great for a small friendly get-together, at holidays, birthdays, and to take to a pot-luck.  

As always, Thank You for your visit!  

Now, Go Make Something For Someone You Love!!!


~Martin
In-House Cook



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...