Monday, September 2, 2019

Steak on a Cloud





Steak on a Cloud

This post is a last minute decision.  My product is not the prettiest, but it sprouted from a breakfast idea and I went through with it with dinner in mind and prepared a delicious, albeit, rustic looking finger food meal.  More like hand food because they turned out larger than I'd realized they would.  I am throwing this one out to you because you all can make it better and please, please, drop me a line here, or on my blog's facebook page (In-House Cook) to let me know how you made it your own and better. 

This is all I did.....

Ingredients
carne asada steaks
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
whole seed mustard 
aged balsamic vinegar

Separately.....
aluminum foil or parchment paper
non-stick cooking spray
flour to dust pastry marble
two crescent dough sheet rolls
salt


I placed a gallon sized zip lock bag in a large bowl.  In a smaller bowl, I combined and whisked all of the ingredients together.  I poured half of it into the bag and then placed the thing carne asada steaks in the bag.  I poured the remaining marinade over the meat, sealed the bag and smushed it several times (yes, I said smushed) to coat all of the steaks. I placed the bag in the refrigerator as I was not going to start dinner for another hour or more. 

When I got back to it, I removed the zip lock bag and allowed it to come to room temperature. 

I set the oven to 350-degrees.

I rolled out two crescent roll dough sheets after using flour to dust my pastry marble. I used a knife to cut them into squares and place one layer onto another.  I wanted the "clouds" to look fluffy. I placed them on non-stick sprayed foil.  I baked the "clouds" 13 minutes at 350-degrees. 
Afterward, I spread a little goat cheese onto the cloud.

Meanwhile, as the clouds were baking, I had removed the thin carne steaks and had gently seared them, two minutes per side, over medium-high heat. That is more than enough to finish them.  I sliced the steaks into thin strips and placed them atop the "clouds" and the almost melting cream cheese. I chiffonade sliced six fresh basil leaves and sprinkled them atop each "Steak on a Cloud".  

Now, please enjoy the photo essay from different angles. 





I'd added a dollop of grain mustard in white wine and aged balsamic drizzle. 

Thanks, as always, for your visit!  I appreciate your support tremendously!

Now, Go Cook Something For Someone You Love!!!

~Martin
In-House Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...