Thursday, July 21, 2016




Simple Summer Sangria

It has been heating up here, in sunny California, and after long days at work, I felt it was time for a cool down with a fun pitcher of homemade sangria. Here is what I did; a little different from the norm, but I love these flavor combinations. The great thing about sangria is that you can have whatever flavor combinations you like. 

This is what I put together:

1  ruby grapefruit, peeled with a knife and sliced into discs

1 peach, cut around the pit and sliced

1 lemon, ends removed, sliced into discs

1/3 cup red seedless grapes, halved

1 tablespoon agave nectar

1 1/2 cups pink lemonade

1 cup spritzer water

1 bottle Rose sparkling wine

4 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade

Mix together thoroughly.  It is best to allow the flavors to marry a couple of hours - or longer - in the refrigerator prior to serving. 


Ready to serve?  Chill a glass in the freezer and gently pour.  Then, simply enjoy. 


I hope you enjoy this simple summer sangria!  

Please remember, drink responsibly!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roasted Chicken Thighs on Cheesy Cannellini Bean Puree

  Roasted Chicken Thighs on Cheesy Cannellini Puree Plus marinated cucumber salad (see recipe at the end)! Hello Friends!  It has been at le...