Wednesday, July 4, 2018

ELOTE: Grilled Mexican Street Corn By Special Guest Blogger: Ian Schwartz








Elote
Grilled Mexican Street Corn
By Special Guest Blogger:  Ian Schwartz

I first got to know meteorologist Mr. Ian Schwartz when I'd recruited him to come present to my class about severe weather. One of the things I learned about him is that he is an incredibly amazing cook and master of the grill.  Just in time for July 4th, please enjoy this delicioso recipe, courtesy of Ian! 


It's summer and the heat is here in many cities around the nation. 
I live in Phoenix and as crazy as it sounds, I grill outside even on a 110 degree day. 
The idea is to keep the home cool, and not use the oven! 
One of my easy favorites on the grill is Elote, also known as Mexican street corn. 
Usually this is sold off of carts in Mexico, on the cob. 
Mine version is a bit different, but delicious none the less! 
I prefer to take mine off the cob so you don't have to floss as much afterward. Ha! 
Ingredients 
8 ears of corn
Mayo
Tajin spice
Salt
Pepper
Crumbled Cojita cheese
Fresh lime juice
Finely chopped cilantro 
Directions
Grill the corn with some butter or oil you paint on. Cook it until the kernels have a light char to them. Next take a knife and cut the corn off the cob into a large bowl.
In the large bowl mix the corn with a few tablespoons of mayo. It's up to you how much or little to use, but at least two tablespoons for a large bowl. 
Squeeze a couple of limes into the mix and add a handful of finely chopped cilantro. Add some Tajin spice too, around 2 tablespoons. Add salt and pepper as desired. 
You can mix the cojita cheese into the whole thing or just put a layer of the crumbles on top. Up to you. I do both! 
Cut a thin slice of lime to put in the center of the bowl for garnish. 
Serve at room temperature.
Easy and delicious!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...