Thursday, August 30, 2018

Pilaf Fried Rice with Cashews





Pilaf Fried Rice with Cashews

I had mentioned in my previous Pilaf and Chicken blog post that I thought that making a fried rice was the most efficient, practical and flavorful use of the leftovers.  Annnnnnnnnd.....I was right!

I am just going to narrate the recipe because the ingredients are so minimal.  First, I added 3 tablespoons of grape seed oil to a skillet over high heat.  I added one quarter red onion, chopped, and one clove garlic, grated, which I sauteed for three minutes. I paddled in the rice and separated it to begin crisping the perimeter.  I know I needed to continue stirring the interior to keep it from sticking. 

I added a tablespoon of Chile Ponzu (shoyu) and some fresh cilantro leaves.  I continued to stir. When the rice had heated thoroughly, I cracked three eggs and added them to the mixture. The eggs cook quickly at this heat. After about thirty seconds, I began vigorously stirring to break up the egg. I added a hand full of cashews and stirred them into the mix.  Finally, when the egg was done, I turned off the heat and added more fresh cilantro and more cashews.



I served it in a bowl family style.  The aromas were so enticing and warm. Beautiful, flavorful and aromatic dish with different textures and layers of flavors. 



If you have rice leftovers, this is a perfect way to use those leftovers. Perfect Meatless Monday Meal (mostly). 

Thank You, gentle readers and viewers, for your time and consideration, as always.  It is a true pleasure to have you visit my humble site! 

Now, Go Cook For Someone You Love!  

~Martin
In-House Cook









No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...