Monday, December 21, 2020

Seasoned Oven Roasted Turkey Thighs and Couscous

 




Roasted Turkey Thighs


Sometimes one just has to step up and take care of one's health.  I have put myself on a strictly chicken and turkey regimen for dinners and lunch for three months. I find that I actually love it!  I do not like turkey breast, that dry old tough and dry as old boots, but the thighs and legs are awesome!  Same with chicken. While I do not have a step-by-step display as I often try to show you, this dish is so easy it does not even need it.  It does need time, however.  Turkey - even the thighs and/or legs - are not 30-Minute Meal proteins. Let's get started, shall we?


Ingredients

1 package turkey thighs, bone-in, skin on

Spice mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder

4 sprigs fresh thyme and rosemary

1 box couscous or rice, your choice

 evoo


Line a pan with foil.  Add two tablespoons of evoo or spray the foil with non-stick spray.  Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Add the spices to the fully thawed turkey thighs all over.  Place the thighs into the foil-lined pan.  If you have oven-safe skillets, you can use that without the foil.  No need to cover it.  Roast the thighs for 45 minutes upwards to an hour, depending on your oven. 


15 minutes prior to the thighs finishing, make the couscous.  Earlier, if you are making rice. 


Once done, use a thermometer to check the temperature of the thighs. Make sure it reads "poultry".  If done, let the thighs sit and rest.  



Add herbs for garnish after placing the thighs atop the couscous or rice. I also grated fresh parmigiano reggiano into the couscous for a little salty bite. 



That is it!  Delicious flavors and fun to eat and healthy!  These thighs come in packages of two, so you can buy more to feed your family, and rice and couscous are inexpensive and go a long way!  Enjoy!


As always, Thank You for your visit!  I am grateful for you ALL!!!  Now, Go Cook For Somone You Love!!!

 
I do not own this photo.



~Martin

In-House Cook 







No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...