Thursday, May 13, 2021

Seared T-Bone Steaks with Oven Roasted Potato Wedges with Ramps @ In-House Cook

 




T-Bone Steak with Oven Roasted Fries and Ramps


Hello Friends!  I am back for a bit.  The end of my work year is soon to be upon us and I will writing almost every day to catch up on recipes long-awaiting publication. Please stay tuned and Thank You for sticking by me!


Normally, I would write an ingredients list, but this one is all about your tastes.  I will share mine with you.  

Ramps are included in this dish.  You can grill them or gently sear them, but I roasted them with onions and potatoes.  

Ramps are also known as "spring onions".  They are in the onion family and taste incredible. My mistake was to over roast them till the greens charred. Still, the root was delicious. 

I made a seasoning mixture of smoked paprika, chipotle powder, garlic powder, salt and white pepper, and dried oregano.  If you don't know me, oregano is my secret ingredient, making people ask "What's that?"





I added major flavor to the potato wedges, along with spices, rosemary, garlic and onions. 



I cut Russet potatoes into wedges and lay them out in a foil lined baking pan. I tossed the potatoes in a little vegetable oil and generously seasoned them, and then spread them out with the lower part of garlic heads and onion wedges.  I seasoned those, too. The ramps went atop the potatoes and roasted 15 minutes at 450-degrees, then finished off for 25 minutes at 400-degrees.  The potatoes were tossed with the roasted garlic and onion and ramps.  They were insanely delicious and the best part of the meal.



I used the same spice mix to season the T-Bone steaks. I seared them to medium-rare (mine more rare than medium) and plated the feast.  Wow, aromatic, flavorful and nothing short of a real good time.  




What a fantastic Friday or Saturday date night meal!


Thank You for sticking with me, friends, for your patience, and I hope this meal inspires you to do something similar of your own.  


Now, Go Cook For Someone You Love! ❤ 

~Martin

In-House Cook








No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...