Monday, November 14, 2022

Martin's French Toast Casserole

 



Martin's French Toast Casserole

I love French Toast and pancakes.  A few years ago, Morgan and I went to a restaurant on one of the piers in San Francisco and I'd had the Best French Toast ever.  It was layered, cut into a wedge, with fresh fruit and powdered sugar.  I have been thinking about that and craving it.  So, I decided to go big.  Here's my recipe.  


Ingredients

1 1/2 loaves Brioche

1/4 cup cinnamon 

1 cup sugar

10 eggs

2 - 3 cups milk

pinch of salt

1/3 stick butter + four tabs

fresh fruit:  strawberries, raspberries, blackberries


Preheat the oven to 400-degrees. 


In a smallish bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon and use a fork to mix thoroughly.  Next, in a large bowl, crack the eggs, add 2 cups milk and the sugar cinnamon.  Use a whisk to break the yolks and combine completely.  Remove the bread from its packaging, one whole loaf and one half loaf.  Cut a few stacks of bread (about 3 or 4 slices per stack) in half.  


Melt 1/3 stick of butter.  In a baking pan, use a brush to spread as much butter as needed to cover the bottom and sides of the pan.  


Add a layer of sliced brioche bread.  Pour some of the egg/milk mixture atop the layer of bread.  Repeat until you have three or four layers, pouring the egg/milk mixture between each layer and atop the final layer. 


If you wish, add some more cinnamon sugar atop the layers.  All up to you.  😆


Bake for 45 minutes.  Remove and let rest for about five to ten minutes. Plate however you wish;  I cut squares instead of wedges. Finally, add fresh fruit, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar, and serve with pancake syrup, or honey.  I love Karo syrup and I used that while Morgan used maple syrup.  




With that, please enjoy your version of my French Toast Casserole!  Make it your own and serve your loved ones with this and warm their hearts and bellies!😃  


Thank You for your time and consideration.  I always appreciate your visits!


~ Martin

In-House Cook


Morgan and I.  i'm in the blue sweatshirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...