Monday, December 4, 2023

Gently Fried Chicken with Herb Crusted Potatoes

 




Gently Fried Chicken with Herb Crusted Potatoes

There are times when you crave something so much but you just cannot take the time to go out to eat.  I think I have the answer right here.  Everyone who knows me KNOWS I ❤❤❤ Fried Chicken.  When I lived in Virginia for eight months recently, while I did not frequent fried chicken joints, when I did, I was gloriously happy.  They KNOW how to make fried chicken Right in the South!  Ok, my ted talk is over.  Let's get to my "Gently" fried chicken.  I call it that because it is not deep fried and not baked. I use the good old dredging station - much like milanese - but with good old southern spices, and I fry the boneless/skinless thighs a bit gently until it just turns golden.  

Ingredients

1 package of 4 large or 6 medium-sized boneless and skinless chicken thighs

1 cup flour

1+1 teaspoons salt and black pepper

1 tablespoon smoked Paprika

1 teaspoon dried oregano+, and 1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 tablespoon granulated garlic

1 tablespoon granulated onion

1 tablespoon Old Bay spice

 3 eggs

1 cup of vegetable, canola or grape seed oil


Add the cup of flour to a dish with an elevated rim, along with the spices. In another dish, add the three eggs and use a spoon to break the yolks and vigorously stir to mix the yolks with the egg whites. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the eggs. Add the oil to a skillet over high heat.  As the oil heats up, place two or three boneless-skinless chicken thighs to the flour. Coat the chicken well with the flour, then, add them to the egg wash.  Coat all sides well and then, repeat step one, back to the flour. 

Step 1. Coat the chicken well with seasoned flour.

Step 2. Coat the chicken with egg wash. 

Step 3.  Coat the chicken with the flour Again. 

When the oil begins to ripple, that means the oil is ready for frying.  Add the first chicken thighs to the oil. It should begin sizzling at once.  Repeat the steps again until all of the chicken has been prepped for frying. 

Fry the chicken gently, meaning, do not let it burn; you want a lightly golden color.  The thighs will cook very quickly, about three minutes per side. The spice's aroma will make your senses seriously happy. Trust me. When finished frying, place the chicken on a wire rack or, on a dish covered with paper towels. 

Meanwhile, since there is seasoned flour and hot oil in the skillet remaining, I dust the potatoes (I sliced baby Yukon golds into discs for this) with the flour and place them in the skillet.  This entire meal will be a bit crispy!  I love that!  Don't you?


I love crispy potatoes!




Plate simply, garnish with your favorite herb, add a green vegetable or corn to the dish, and enjoy!  Stay tuned for another fry up dish in my next blog post coming soon! 

Thank You for your time and consideration, and as always, I am grateful for your visit!  Now, you know what's coming, Go Cook For Someone You Love❤

~ Martin
In-House Cook











No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...