Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Flank Steak Carne Asada Tacos





Marinated Flank Steak Carne Asada Tacos


Evereyone who knows me understands that I am obsessed with tacos.  I have enjoyed my friend, Anne's fish tacos, I have enjoyed duck tacos in Mexico, Bison tacos in San Diego and I made them, myself not long ago. Tacos are most excellent and can make Anyone happy, even Vegans!  Let's get to this flavor powerhouse of tacos, shall we?


Ingredients


1 - 2 pounds flank steak, sliced or cubed

1 onion, chopped or slivered

Seasonings

2 rounded tablespoons smoked Paprika

fresh or dried cilantro*, 1 rounded tablespoon

1 teaspoon both salt and pepper

1 tablespoon Chipotle powder

1 rounded teaspoon dried oregano*

1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme*

*These can be fresh or dried

scallions, sliced on a bias

1 can diced fire roasted green chiles

I marinate the beef separately, in a pan or a bowl, with the following:

1/4 cup vegetable oil

4 tablespoons red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons fresh garlic

Juice of two limes and zest of one of the limes

fresh or dried oregano

fresh or dried thyme

salt and pepper




Marinade the steak as long as you can, even overnight, if possible.  The longer it marinades, the softer and more flavorful the meat. You marinate it as long as you have, which is the bottom line. 

When you are ready to fry up the steak, add some of the marinade to a skillet over high heat.  When the oil begins to ripple, add the steak. Add some of the fresh scallions to the skillet, saving the rest for the tacos. Once the meat begins to caramelize, add the fresh and/or dried ingredients, stir vigorously, and reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer, uncovered, about twelve minutes, or, until it is "done" to meet your standards.  I like it is a little bit red or pink inside; that  is my preference. You must cook it to your preference.


To serve, add your favorite Mexican cheese to your favorite taco shells, flour or corn.  Add a heft spoon full of the steak to the taco shells and add a dollop of fire roasted green chiles to each taco. I like to add a little cheese before adding the chile. I like to add my favorite sauce above the rest of it, add more scallions, then chow down!  


Here is just before adding more cheese and hot sauce.  What's your favorite taco sauce?  Let me know!


Well, here we are. As always, I Thank You for your visit.  I hope you enjoy this simple but intensely flavorful steak taco meal.  You could, of course, use pork or chicken.  The marinade goes with every protein. 


Now, please, Go Cook For Someone You Love!❤


Martin

~In-House Cook









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upside Down Beef Quesadilla

  Upside Down Beef Quesadilla There are days when "the usual" just will not do. Why not turn a regular ground beef taco into a cl...