Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Fastest Country Style Pork Ribs Everrrr with Homemade Pantry BBQ Sauce





Fastest Country Style Pork Ribs with Homemade BBQ Sauce Everrrr!!!

I was not going to blog this at first, but it turned out so well that I cannot resist.  I had a package 1.5 pounds of country style cut pork ribs.  I seasoned them simply with salt, pepper, some fresh rosemary (rosemary and thyme go perfect with pork and poultry) and dried thyme and coriander seed. I sliced half an onion into discs and placed them at the bottom of a pot.  I placed the pork ribs atop the onions.  I added the seasoning and 2.5 cups warm water.  I popped the lid on over high heat and brought the water to a boil. I reduced the heat to low and let it simmer (to steam) for 40 minutes.  

Next, I made my Pantry homemade bbq sauce.  I used what I had on hand, and you can, too!

2 cups ketchup
1 cup plum sauce (for Chinese stir fry)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce (also leftover from stir fry)
2 tablespoons aged Shoyu (soy sauce)
1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
1/4 grated onion
2 cloves grated garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper

Let simmer for thirty minutes then remove from heat. 

Delicious simple Pantry BBQ Sauce. 
In other words, use what you have on hand!

Once the meat is done steaming, place it onto a baking sheet or pan.  Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the rib meat and roast for 18 minutes at 400-degrees, turning every nine minutes until the ribs are gooey.  

So, here is my problem.  I was so hungry by the time they were done I forgot to take pictures, but I can assure you, they were amazing.  The look on Gus's face - my little dog - was one of seething jealousy.  If Gus is jealous, you Know they're good!

With that, friends, go to your kitchen.  Cook something for someone you love.  During this stay in place situation, it is important to use what we have on hand up first before going out to restock.  Be safe, I love you all, and Thank You for your visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...